Thursday 12 August 2010

Big Brother

I know there wasn't a post yesterday, but I have a perfectly good excuse. I had taken a trip to Elstree Studios and the set of Big Brother. I was interviewing Daniel Marlowe, the executive producer of Big Brother. He was a very nice chap, and kind enough to take some time to talk to us and show us around the control room & set of sister-show Big Brother's Little Brother.


Daniel also arranged for us to have a tour through the 'camera-runs' (the very dark corridors behind the two-way mirrors throughout the house). It was an incredibly surreal experience to be able to look in and see all these people within reach and not have them see you. One contestant was running back and forth in the garden, heading towards one of the mirrors. He looked at us dead in the eye, but was oblivious to our presence. Very, very weird.

I resisted the childish urge to burst through the one of the doors that lead directly into the house.

I've never been a huge fan of Big Brother. I've watched the occasional bits of the odd series, but have been turned off by the nature of the majority of the contestants (bitchiness doesn't sit well with me). However, you can't help but admire the huge operation that goes into such a show and it was a rare treat to see everything yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment